Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bargain Basement: Spring 2011 Edition

As I mentioned in my previous post, it is that time of year again. Time to start sorting through your tack trunk in search of the bottom (always an elusive thing) and take an inventory of what can, and cannot, survive another year. After searching through the internet and various catalogues, drooling over $900 custom field boots and marveling at $10 saddle pads, here are some selections (in no particular order)for those of you who, like me, are on a shoestring budget when it comes to buying new things for your horse.

Sport Performance Breeches. At $29.99 this breeches are a steal and are being offered in both black and tan. Though not necessarily a showstopper, they would be great for any type of schooling. And lets face it - who doesn't need new breeches?

Vespucci Flash Bridle. While a tad pricey at $99.90, this fancy show bridle normally retails for $229.00 so if you are looking for a new show bridle, this may be it! It comes in both brown and oakbark.

Tailored Sportsman Show Shirt. TS is one of the premiere names when it comes to show apparel, so why not snatch up this show shirt for only $39.99?

Absorbine Fly Mask. If your horse is like mine, he eats flymasks for breakfast. At only $9.99, this fly mask by Absorbine is a steal. I've already put in an order for two.

Ladies' Ariat Heritage II Zip Field Boot. My parents recently purchased a pair of these awesome field boots for me. They look much nicer than they do in the picture and fit like a glove. If you are looking for a new pair of show boots and don't want to go custom or $500+, I would highly recommend these. $169.99

Saxon Ladies Equileather Zip Paddock Boots. I just bought these myself after heming and hawing over the winter. For only $28.99 they were a steal.

Fleece Polo Wraps. These $9.00 polo wraps come in the four classic colors: black, royal blue, green, and navy.

Gatsby Nylon Breakaway Halter. This horse owner staple comes in twelve different colors. Even if your horse already has a halter, it is always a good idea to have a backup - especially at horse shows! $12.95

Roma Bell Boots. Lets face it, bell boots go through a lot wear and tear. These BB from Roma come in three sizes and six colors for only $6.40. If you have pull on boots, do your barn manager a favor today and get these velcro ones.

Synthetic Show Gloves. Personally, I am not a fan of riding with gloves but even I know that you need them for the show ring. At $4.99, how could you go wrong?



Please feel free to add any bargains you find in the comments. Happy shopping!




Yes, I realize this picture has nothing to do with bargains... but it was so funny I couldn't resist.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the bargains! I know I usually end up doing the google shopping search of almost everything before I buy it to check and see if there are any better prices out there which has saved me lots of money over the years. Another resource I have used a few times is ebay for bargains on used equipment.

    ReplyDelete