Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Who Am I? Horse Breed #2

So you think you know your horse breeds? Last time it took two days for someone to guess the correct answer; lets see if you guys can do better than that this time! You know the drill - I give you three facts about a breed plus a picture and the first person to guess correctly is the winner! There are only two rules:

1) Don’t cheat. I know you could Google the answer in a heartbeat, but where is the fun in that? Just give your best honest answer.

2) Only one guess per person.


Now, on to the second Who Am I? horse.

• I come from England
• Before the railroad, it was my job to transport ore from the mines
• There are less than 300 of me living in North America
• Who Am I?




CONGRATULATIONS, ALLI & DINO! THE SECOND MYSTERY BREED WAS THE FELL PONY.

To learn more about the Fell Pony, click here. Often called the "mini friesian" of the horse world, the Fell Pony is a very versatile working breed that is used primarily for riding and driving. The height limit for the breed is 14H, and the majority of fell ponies stand around 13.2H. The patron of the Fell Pony is the Queen of England.

6 comments:

  1. That looks a lot like a friesian but they're from the Netherlands... but that looks like my babies :) -Jamie C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not a Friesian which, as Jamie pointed out, did originate from the Netherlands :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only get one guess?! how bout I wasn't GUESSING Friesian, just making a comment?!?!?! It starts with an A....(maybe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree fell pony!-

    ReplyDelete