Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Who Am I? Horse Breed Edition.

In an effort to get more active participation going on this blog (I know you’re out there reading; I have a stats counter!) I am going to start incorporating some fun games and quizzes that you can answer via the comments. You don’t even have to register for anything to comment – just put yourself as anonymous or open ID. It works. I tried it.

The first fun game is going to be a “Who Am I?” of horse breeds. Once a week I’ll feature a not so common horse, give you some hints about them, maybe show you a picture, and the first person to guess the breed correctly wins! There are only two rules:

1) Don’t cheat. I know you could Google the answer in a heartbeat, but where is the fun in that? Just give your best honest answer.

2) Only one guess per person.


Now, on to the first Who Am I? horse.

• I was used as a warhorse and cavalry horse
• I am the oldest of the European Draft breeds
• I come in bay, roan, chestnut, gray, and palomino.
• Who Am I?




CONGRATULATIONS, ANONYMOUS! (AKA HAYLEY). YOU'RE GUESS WAS CORRECT. THE MYSTERY BREED IS THE ARDENNES!

8 comments:

  1. Does it start with an A..lol, I cant think of the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ding! Ding! Ding! It is, in fact, the Ardennes. The Ardennes originate (and get their name from) the Ardennes area in Belgium, Luxembourg, and France. They can easily weight up to 2,000lbs. Unfortunately, due to their size, they are used primarily for meat in many European countries. However they are gaining popularity as a competitive driving horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun. Wish it was easier to get the vet building when horses got sick. Or better yet let us know it's coming. But a fun and interesting game.
    circloo best actions games flappy bird

    ReplyDelete