Friday, October 29, 2010

Saturday Schedule

I have mixed feelings about Saturday. Part of my wants to lock the door, turn off my phone, and stay in bed... the other part of me just wants to get it over with because I have both Sunday AND Monday off! I won't know what to do with myself.

Saturday is always the busiest day at the barn. I never teach late (usually not past 2:00) but the very idea of working during the weekend just makes me want to grind my teeth. It's just one of those things you have to accept in the horse world - like working on holidays and not getting sick days. So here is what I will be doing tomorrow:

6:30AM Feed the horses
7:00AM Turnout
8:00AM Check phone messages, get lesson schedule together, tidy tackroom
9:00AM Private lesson
10:00AM Advanced group lesson
11:00AM Intermediate group lesson
12:00PM Private lesson
1:00PM Private lesson
2:00PM Lunch Break (for the horses)
3:00PM Run a two hour birthday party
5:00PM Bring in the horses
5:30PM Feed the horses
6:00PM Finish stalls, do water buckets, rake aisles
7:30PM Drag myself home
9:00PM Night Check

On a lighter note, here is a short clip of Dakota and Josie, two of our beginner lesson horses having a great time at my expense as I try to catch them. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, Dakota being lame was definately a hoax. She totally faked it, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we spent at least an hour and half trying to catch them..friggen horses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea Dakota could move so fast!

    ReplyDelete